Monday, July 22, 2013

Pranks make the routine more enjoyable

About half of the way into the office there is a fountain in Old Stoney Creek that I pass.

It doesn't run during the winter months, but is a lovely spot for a cold drink during the warmer days.  It's at that time when someone routinely puts soap suds in the thing, and I have been meaning to take a photo of it for months. As a big wad of foam drifted across my path today I decided to finally pull over. What's the rush, after all?


I chuckle almost every time I see this. By now I am a little surprised that they haven't hidden a camera and caught the perp - such is the frequency of this vandalism.

I also find it comical that the city dispatches entire work crews to deal with this. I have counted as many as six, but only one ever actually working to solve the situation.

I had to pause once I had added up the potential cost to taxpayers though.
Modestly:

3 city workers
$30 hour for 3 hours
1x week
8 weeks

= $2160.00

And that's being conservative. It might be as much as three times.

I don't know who's up to this mischief. I don't know whether to laugh or cry either.


1 comment:

  1. I've never seen or heard of that being done before. Might be funny the first time. Wonder what would happen if they just let it run its course without cleaning up.

    ReplyDelete