Saturday, June 08, 2013

Bicycling Ridge Road on the Niagara Escarpment

Much to the chagrin of my wife, getting up early is becoming standard practice for me.  It often means some time alone to read but this morning I joined the ranks of unnumbered other cyclists who hit the pavé at the crack of dawn. This was a bit of a new experience but quite enjoyable.

I started out climbing the Niagara Escarpment.  As a means of training for the hills of West Virginia I did it twice.

Smiling at the top, so it couldn't have been that bad!

If you do an 8% grade twice does that equal a 16% climb?
My new bike-computer actually has an altimeter but I don't have the sensor hooked up yet.

I turned east at the crossroads and into Grimsby mountain.  It's just beautiful riding up here on the escarpment.

I'm loving this whole "gravel-grinding-thing" so I typically stick to unpaved shoulders. I think other bikes that pass me wonder what the heck I am doing!




Finally the ubiquitous coffee. I am new to the world of coffee consumption and thus far from being a connoisseur.  I passed up two designer coffee shops for McCafé!


Happy cycling to you, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment