Monday, February 11, 2013

Are these streets half clean or half dirty?

I think you need to be an optimist if you choose to commute by bicycle.

After a few days of heavy snowfall I was finally able to safely get onto the streets of Hamilton by bicycle.  Here's what the bike lanes looked like.


They sort of disappear for a bit, then reappear a little further on.




The pessimist in me might say that this pushed me into unsympathetic car traffic.  But the optimist in me says that at least I am not being sentenced to ride through the broken glass, nails, road salt accumulation and other junk that typically litters the bicycling lane.

I choose optimism! I'll take the higher road!

"Hmmm. What is that in my bike lane? "
It's an impassible wall of "snow" that'll not likely melt until June because of the foreign matter sustaining it!

The optimist in me says "These things make excellent, natural, bike racks."

No comments:

Post a Comment