Monday, January 28, 2013

Olympic encounter?

I am blessed to work in the industry that I do.  It puts me into conversations with a wide variety of people from all over the world.  Oftentimes my area of discipline attracts the attention of grad students looking for insights into the practicalities and realities of my field.

Last week I had one such request from a wonderful young woman named Annie Foreman-Mackey.  Through the interview I had noticed she looked particularly strong. Exceptional athlete kind of strong.

I was excited to learn that she cycles for Canada's national team and is attempting to make the leap to the Olympics.

I won't post any photos because she's not aware of this post, so I want to keep things to a minimum to be fair.  But feel free to check her out via Gooogle, or whatever.

You never know who you will serendipitously meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment