Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hidden trap

I don't usually come home through this large, central park but some after-work business had me cutting through.  A really nice diversion for a bit.
I came across a flat paved section that led into a well-trimmed grassy area.  As I approached the lawn I spied a leaf-covered path, and I thought to myself "Urban single track!" Just as I left the pavement for the path I found myself down on the turf!  Those leaves were innocently covering a very large hole that I hit like a wall because it was so deep.
It hurt, I can tell you that.
After I pulled myself together I took a couple of pics.  Doesn't this path look perfectly inviting and pleasant to you?
Looking back...

The beauty of this park marred only by the specter of a death-pit lurking beneath these leaves.

I didn't have any means of measuring it, but the hole went upto my elbow!
After the photos, I dug out the leaves and exposed it for all.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to confess, I probably would have done the same thing. I'll add leaves to my list of bicycle dangers that already includes dark shadows, ice, and muddy water. Be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete